Friday, October 01, 2010

The raw and the cooked







Lately I've not felt like doing this blog business. But nonetheless, I have been cooking and eating, in no particular order...a veritable cornucopia of hot dogs in Chicago....polish sausage for breakfast at Ronny's in the Loop...homemade moon pies in my kitchen...paella, gazpacho, and some chocolate deal for dessert for eight on the patio...spaghetti vongole at Club Lucky in Bucktown... scallops caprese on the grill...dim sum at Star Kitchen...the tasting menu at Black Cat in Boulder, courtesy of Hollie..croque monsieur tartiflette with bechamel sauce...a food cookoff at Kusmanoff's avec a hookah pipe, and tonight, my daughter's birthday dinner at Colt & Gray.

I'm having dreams about being a pastry chef. And I keep buying cookbooks, for some reason. And I wish I could get better at cooking, for all my books and bookmarks. I think about it too much, and I don't do it enough.

That's all.

3 comments:

Freebox said...

Some of those pictures look familiar and delicious!

Second Skin said...

I am sorry you have not been feeling it lately. I miss your posts. It is all right though. I understand how it goes. Hope you are well!

Zoƫ said...

Let's add Latkes to that list.

Like really, really soon.