Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Small world


It's got me thinking. Not that's it's any big news or anything, but these days the world is pretty freaking small. It's those darn Internets.

My lovely daughter Zoe, of whom I think the world, has a blog. It's very fun, very much about vintage fashion (but lots of other stuff, too). She's part of a community of mostly women who blog and post images of their vintage fashion finds and how they wear them. In a matter of weeks (well, a month or so by now,) her blog has gone from a handful of people (me, my girl Hollie, Zoe's man Ryan, and some others,) to hundreds of followers.

And Zoe mentioned my blog on her blog, and now people have visited my blog from her blog. Like this lovely girl SecondSkin, who left some great comments about what I'm doing and how she's trying to get her dad to blog. Next thing you know, he'll be blogging, and we'll all be reading and digging what he has to say.

My conclusion? I don't have one, except that this makes me happy. Happy that I'm writing. Happy that Zoe is writing. And Hollie is inspired to start back up. And that SecondSkin is writing, and working on her dad to write. Why? Because I guess I believe that writing is a good thing. And it's a good thing to share what we do with other people.

I grew up in an era where we wrote things on paper and put a stamp on them. And I'm only somewhat nostalgic for that whole business. I like these Internets.

3 comments:

Zoë said...

Cheers to that! I like these internets, too. And I'm very happy that you are blogging again.

I can't wait to see what Hollie has a-brewing!

Your loving daughter,

Zoë
(Haiku Ambulance)

Lyrissa said...

In a perfect world, today I would start blogging and tomorrow my dad would turn on his computer by himself. That might bring me happy tears. I think what you're doing is fab.

Second Skin said...

This post makes me feel happy.