Sunday, July 18, 2010

Picnic


Hollie and I had a wonderful picnic Saturday evening on the University of Colorado campus before seeing Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure". I had nothing to do with it. Hollie made delicious pineapple-lavender coolers, pimento cheese spread finger sandwiches, and panko-fried chicken. All Hollie. Idea. Tickets. Picnic. That's my girl.

The play was interesting. A sort of tragic-comedy with the Duke assuming the disguise of a friar, a bed trick where females are swapped in the dark, and retribution for the bad guy.

Funny that on the way out, as we were leaving the balcony, I looked down to see our fellow food group members, and my co-worker, Jason Kusmanoff, with his wife Ashley, leaving on the main floor. And carrying a cooler. Turned out they had gone to the same play and had a picnic beforehand.

Hollie made baked eggs Sunday morning using black tomatoes from her garden. Delicious and relaxing. Reading the Sunday NY Times on her deck.



No comments: